How Calvin Watches TV
American television trends can reveal a lot about cable TV in Calvin, LA. In America, 33% of homes have four or more TVs, and even though about half the population streams some TV content, 97% of U.S. residents still primarily watch broadcast TV. Because so many people use both television and Internet, it is no surprise that 72% of Americans bundle their cable and Internet subscriptions. For the 202 people in Calvin, those stats equate to:
- 67 owners of at least 4 TV's
- 97 who take the term 'television' show lightly (and stream instead)
- 196 who do just fine with a traditional TV, thank you
- 145 smart folks, a.k.a the cable bundlers
- 168 lucky enough to have free evenings to watch live television.