How Holcomb Watches TV
American television trends can reveal a lot about cable TV in Holcomb, MO. Half of the population watches some of their favorite shows online. Even though streamed content is on the rise, 97% of Americans still watch television the old fashioned way, on their TV, and 33% of people have four or more televisions in their home for watching these shows. Because so many people use both television and Internet, it is no surprise that 72% of Americans bundle their cable and Internet subscriptions. For the 679 people in Holcomb, those stats equate to:
- 224 with a TV for every finger on their right hand (thumbs don't count)
- 326 who take the term 'television' show lightly (and stream instead)
- 659 who do just fine with a traditional TV, thank you
- 489 smart folks, a.k.a the cable bundlers
- 564 lucky enough to have free evenings to watch live television.