How Salem, VA Watches TV
American television trends can reveal a lot about cable TV in Salem, VA. Nearly 33% of U.S. residents own at least four televisions, about 50% of them stream television shows online, and 97% watch their favorite TV shows as they are broadcast. Because so many people use both television and Internet, it is no surprise that 72% of Americans bundle their cable and Internet subscriptions. To help you put that in context, because we're just that nice, of the 25,308 people in Salem, that's:
- 8,352 with a TV for every finger on their right hand (thumbs don't count)
- 12,148 using the Internet to watch TV shows
- 24,549 keeping to traditional TV for their favorite shows
- 18,222 users with bundled cable subscriptions
- 21,006 Salem residents confined to network air dates and times.