How People Watch TV in Portland
Ever wonder how many people still watch broadcast television? Or how popular TV content has become online? Larger television trends like these show us a lot about cable TV use in Portland, ME. Approximately 97% of people watch regularly scheduled programming, even though 48% also stream some TV online and 7% watch some of their shows later, from their DVRs. Plus, 72% of Americans bundle their cable subscription with high-speed Internet and approximately one-third of Americans have four or more televisions in their homes.
With a population of 62,578 that means in Portland there are::
- 60,701 people who watch broadcast TV
- 30,037 people who stream TV online
- 4,380 people who regularly use DVRs
- 45,056 people with bundled services
- 20,651 people with a plethora of plasma-screens