How Smithfield Watches TV
To learn about viewing trends and cable TV in Smithfield, VA, examine habits of Americans at large. In America, 33% of homes have four or more TVs, and even though about half the population streams some TV content, 97% of U.S. residents still primarily watch broadcast TV. More than 72% of Americans combine their cable TV service with a broadband Internet connection into a bundle. For the 6,916 people in Smithfield, those stats equate to:
- 2,282 owners of at least 4 TV's
- 3,320 using the Internet to watch TV shows
- 6,709 keeping to traditional TV for their favorite shows
- 4,980 smart folks, a.k.a the cable bundlers
- 5,740 Smithfield residents confined to network air dates and times.