Cable Internet vs The Competition
- Fiber Optic
|DownloadSpeed||Up to105 Mbps||Up to300 Mbps||Up to15 Mbps||Up to20 Mbps||Up to0.7 Mbps|
Why Cable Internet?
What's the difference between cable Internet and other high-speed Internet options? The Internet is the Internet right? Wrong. There is a reason serious gamers choose cable Internet.
Why you should pick cable internet:
High-speed cable Internet is fast. Average speeds range from 10-40 Mbps.
Better gaming, faster downloads/uploads, crisper picture quality and more.
Cable is more readily available.
Local governments license the ability to provide cable service; each region generally allows one provider.
That's why we need to know where you live. We'll find your local cable Internet provider and give you all the information you need to choose the right Internet package.
Things you should know about installation:
- Installation may not be free and could cost up to $100.
- Always ask if there are install specials or if fees can be waived. It never hurts to ask.
- If you are required to use the provider's equipment, ask about the possibility and cost of leasing it.
- Wireless routers aren't usually included. They generally cost between $75 and $125.
You'll need the following:
- A cable modem. If you don't have one, your provider will lease or sell one to you.
- A cable line. If don't have one, the cable company will install it. You can often get deals on cable Internet installation.
- A wireless router. If you want a wireless connection, you need a router. You may have to purchase your own.