Dream Job: Get Paid to Watch Your Favorite TV Series
Hey. What are you up to lately? Staying home and watching TV?
So is everyone at CableTV.com—but it’s our job.
It could be your job too: we’re paying up to five people $2,000 each to watch every episode of every season of their favorite TV series.
Who we want to hire
The successful candidate for this dream job will have a bachelor’s degr— jaaaaaay-kaaaaaay. You can be a third-grade dropout and qualify—as long as you’re 18 years old, eligible to work in the US, and an active social media user.
Then, if you’re hired, all you gotta do is sit on your cheeks, watch TV, pig out, and post about it on Instagram or Twitter (remember to tag @CableTV).
What you’ll be watching
What’ll you watch? It’s up to you.
Ideally, you’d pick your favorite show because who doesn’t want to get paid to watch something they love? But smart business peeps could screen the lone season of Freaks and Geeks and be done with this temp gig in only 13.2 hours (hourly wage: $151.52). Labor-of-love types could view all 679 episodes of The Simpsons and not care that they’ll make only $8.02 an hour.
But the cool thing about this dream job is that it’s not real work. You make your own assignment, which determines your hourly wage. For example, here’s what you’d make by watching these popular shows:
- The X-Files: $12.22/hr.
- The Walking Dead: $20.24/hr.
- Friends: $24.00/hr.
- The Office: $27.02/hr.
- Seinfeld: $28.98/hr.
- Star Trek: The Original Series: $30.38/hr.
- Game of Thrones: $32.58/hr.
- The L Word (original): $34.28/hr.
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: $35.28/hr.
- Trailer Park Boys: $38.10/hr.
- Breaking Bad: $44.76/hr.
- Community: $49.60/hr.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: $104.26/hr.
- Rick and Morty: $151.52/hr.
Awwww, yeah. Imagine how sweet it’d be to brag about making more per hour watching your favorite TV show than you do at your real job. On top of that, there’s no background check, no drug test, and no dress code. No pants? No problem.
When we say “dream job,” we mean it.
What you’ll get (aka “perks”)
In addition to the $2,000 paycheck, you five lucky homebodies will get a lovely welcome package containing things to make your working conditions positively posh:
- One-year subscription to your preferred streaming service
- Comfy blanket
- $100 Grubhub gift card
- Remote: Office Not Required by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier
- Candy and treats
How to apply
To be considered for this cushy temp job, please fill the application below and tell us in approximately 200 words why you are one of the five bright go-getters we seek.
Tell us why you’d be a good fit for the gig. Show us how your personality pops—and where on social media you pop it.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the Watch Your Favorite TV Series Dream Job (“Dream Job”) is CableTV.com, a DBA of Clear Link Technologies, LLC (“CableTV.com”), whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of CableTV.com or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Dream Job or helping to set up the Dream Job shall not be permitted to enter.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS DREAM JOB. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Dream Job.
- Route to entry for the Dream Job and details on how to enter are available at www.CableTV.com. Individuals may apply by filling out the application form on CableTV.com’s website.
- Closing date for entry will be April 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM. After this date, no further applications to the Dream Job will be permitted.
- CableTV.com shall select up to five (5) Recipients from the entire pool of eligible entries. Recipient(s) will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by CableTV.com employees.
- The Recipient(s) will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days at the closing date. If the Recipient(s) cannot be contacted, are not eligible, or do not claim the opportunity to participate in the Dream Job within 10 days of notification, CableTV.com reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient(s) and pick a replacement Recipient(s).
- Recipient(s) acknowledge that participation in the Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the Dream Job. Recipient(s) have no authority to bind CableTV.com to contracts, make any agreement or representations on CableTV.com’s written consent. Recipient(s) shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by CableTV.com to its employees. CableTV.com is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient(s) behalf. Recipient(s) acknowledge that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient(s) are solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- Dream Job consists of watching your favorite show from start to finish via whatever platform you prefer. Recipient(s) must already have access to a streaming service and/or cable to complete challenge requirements. CableTV.com will notify the Recipient(s) how to complete the Challenge requirements.
- Prior to the start of the Dream Job, the Recipient(s) will receive a welcome package either mailed or hand-delivered to the Recipient(s). Welcome package includes: one (1) copy of Remote: Office Not Required by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier, one (1) pack of popcorn, four (4) packs of candy, one (1) comfy blanket; one (1) $100 Grubhub gift card, and one (1) yearly subscription to your preferred streaming provider. The value of the movie-watching kit is approximately $300.00 USD.
- This Dream Job is conducted by CableTV.com and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Grubhub Inc, or any of the properties listed above or their affiliates.
- Upon completion of the Dream Job, Recipient(s) will receive a one time payment of $2000.00 USD. Upon completion of Dream Job, funds shall be distributed no earlier than 30 days following Recipient notification.
- No cash alternative to the tv show-watching kit will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable. CableTV.com reserves the right to substitute the subscription or movie-watching kit items with a subscription or items of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Where legally required, the Recipient(s) name(s) will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient(s) names, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
19. CableTV.com reserves the right to cancel or amend this Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
20. CableTV.com’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
22. By submitting an application for this Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.