Dream Job: Get Paid to Stream a 24-Hour Horror Movie Marathon
CableTV.com and HighSpeedInternet.com will pay you $1,000 to watch your own all-night horror festival on Halloween.
Halloween looks different this year, huh? Most parents will pull the old “deadly virus” excuse and keep their kids home. But the Children of the Karens will be out, ignoring darkened porches and NO CANDY signs, knocking endlessly, insisting they smell candy—their candy—in your house.
Those are great reasons not to answer the door this Quarantine-o-ween. Here’s another: you might have to work. Don’t get mad. We don’t mean at your regular job. We’ll pay one lucky freak-o-phile $1,000 to watch horror movies for 24 hours straight.
But, first, let’s check your qualifications.
Who we want to hire
The sick-cessful candidate is a self-starter with an insatiable lust for nightmare fuel. When others say “Nope,” you say, “Hell, yeah.” You can stay up all night. You’re a US citizen over the age of 18.
Most importantly, you’re a big horror fan—‘cause we don’t hire posers (not even as interns). You should prefer cult films to blockbusters and probably read Rue Morgue and BloodyDisgusting.com to learn about upcoming fright films.
If you answered “yes” to those questions and meet our qualifications—you’re the one we stalk.
What you’ll stream
We want a self-starter because you get to decide what to watch. Also, 24 hours is only 1,440 minutes, and most movies are only 90–120 minutes. That’s only 12–16 movies. So real-deal horror dorks, who fantasize daily about curating a horror film marathon, will need time to pare down their lineups.
So hop on Shudder, Prime Video, Screambox, Netflix, or any other streaming service and start dreaming of what you’ll screen if you win. Anything goes: gooey gore-fests, m-m-m-monster movies, folk horror, killer clowns, ghost stories, giallo films, psychological thrillers, and even awesomely bad B-flicks.
All we ask is that you live-tweet the marathon. The world wants to see your passion for horror beating inside your chest. And what’s an all-night horror marathon without friends?
What you’ll get
For your efforts, you’ll receive this generous compensation package:
- $1,000 dollars
- $50 Starbucks gift card
How to apply
To be considered for this gruesome gig, submit a quick bio below convincing us of your creep credentials. But keep your kill rooms and jars to yourself, lest you ruin the illusion that those things exist only in movies.
Good luck. Mwaaaaaaaahhh-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the We’ll Pay You to Watch Nonstop Horror Movies on Halloween Dream Job (“Dream Job”) is Clear Link Technologies, LLC, DBA CableTV.com and HighSpeedInternet.com (“Promoter”) whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of Promoter, or their family members, or anyone else connected in any way with the Dream Job or helping to set up the Dream Job shall not be permitted to enter.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to apply for the Dream Job.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS DREAM JOB. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Dream Job.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Dream Job, applicants waive all right to, and hold the Promoter harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Dream Job or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promoter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive prize notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Dream Job; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this Dream Job; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Dream Job, or announcement of the Recipient of the Dream Job (“Recipient”).
- Route to entry for the Dream Job and details on how to enter are available at www.CableTV.com or HighSpeedInternet.com. Individuals may apply by filling out the application form on CableTV.com’s website or HighSpeedInternet.com’s website.
- Closing date for entry will be October 19th at 11:59 PM. After this date, no further applications to the Dream Job will be permitted.
- Promoter shall select one (1) Recipient from the entire pool of eligible applicants. Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Promoter’s employees.
- The Recipient will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the Recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the Dream Job within 7 days of notification, Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the Dream Job. Recipient has no authority to bind Promoter to contracts, make any agreement or representations on Promoter’s behalf without Promoter’s written consent. Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Promoter to its employees. Promoter is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- Dream Job consists of watching 24 hours of horror movies of the Recipient’s choice. Promoter will notify the Recipient(s) how to complete the Dream Job requirements.
- Promoter is committed to providing equal opportunities to participate in the Dream Job to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, if Recipient believes she/he/they need an accommodation to complete the requirements of the Dream Job because of a disability, Promoter will provide a reasonable accommodation that would allow the Recipient to complete the requirements of the Dream Job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- Prior to the start of the Dream Job, the Recipient will receive a welcome package (“Welcome Package”) either mailed or hand-delivered to the Recipient. Welcome package includes: one (1) $50 Starbucks gift card, and bags of candy. The value of the movie-watching kit is approximately $80.00 USD.
- This Dream Job is conducted by Promoter and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Starbucks Corporation, or any of the properties listed above or their affiliates.
- Upon completion of the Dream Job, Recipient will receive a stipend of $1000.00 USD. Promoter shall distribute stipend to Recipient distributed no earlier than 30 days following the completion of the Dream Job requirements.
- No cash alternative to the Dream Job or Welcome Package will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable. Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Welcome Package items with items of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Where legally required, the Recipient’s name will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- By submitting an application for this Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.