Ho Ho Holiday Movie Dream Job
Do you love holiday movies? Then this dream job is for you… Apply today to be CableTV.com’s Chief of Cheer!
Are you already sipping hot cocoa in your holiday sweater while listening to Mariah Carey’s classic “All I Want for Christmas”? Well, turn down Mariah and listen up, ‘cause this is the dream job you’ve been waiting for.
What the dream job requires
CableTV.com is looking for someone who loves the holidays—from the Christmas vacations to the fuzzy blankets and snow-covered trees—to help us watch 25 movies this holiday season. Sounds easy right? Trust us, being our Chief of Cheer is no easy task.
You’ll need to watch 25 holiday movies of your choice in 25 days. We’ll ask you to record your thoughts, and in return, we’ll pay you $2,500. You’ll also get a streaming package with subscriptions to six services for a full year.
Now, we’re looking for someone who loves the holidays and is already making a calendar to watch their holiday classics this year. And it doesn’t matter to us when you watch the movies—it can be with your family at dinner, while you’re constructing a gingerbread house, or even while you’re at your desk “working.”
This holiday season, you can have your fruit cake and eat it too. So… are you ready to be our Chief of Cheer?
Who should apply?
Anyone and everyone! Does your heart grow three sizes once you hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing, ring-ting tingle-ing, too? Does your home smell like gingerbread year-round? And do you believe in the four food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup? Then you’re our ideal candidate.
So, if you love holiday movies and you think you can watch 25 movies in 25 days, then this job could be for you. Don’t take yourself out of the running because you already have a job—our Chief of Cheer is a flexible, holiday-only role.
What will you get?
While you have to supply your own hot chocolate and gingerbread, we will provide you with a year’s worth of free streaming. That includes platforms with all the Christmas classics, like:
And if that wasn’t enough, we’re adding on $2,500 in cold hard cash just for you. (Okay, it’s probably going to be a check, but still, the money is just for you.)
What’s the job?
It’s easy: watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days. Of course, you have to have a device compatible for streaming movies and be willing to watch 25 holiday movies within the 25 day limit. (Trust us, it sounds easier than it is.)
As our Chief of Cheer, we’re going to want your thoughts on the movies you watch. Are they nostalgic? Heartwarming? And do they give you a warm fuzzy feeling of holiday cheer?
And since you’re now part of the CableTV.com holiday team, we want to know what you think of the streaming services you use for each movie. Do you think they’re easy to use? And, of course, was there a good selection of holiday films?
What will you watch?
You can watch whatever you want! The movies just have to be holiday themed. As our Chief of Cheer, you probably already have holiday favorites, but here are some of our top-picks to get you started:
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- A Christmas Carol
- A Christmas Story
- A Bad Mom’s Christmas
- Christmas with the Kranks
- Deck the Halls
- Die Hard
- Four Christmases
- Frosty the Snowman
- Happiest Season
- Home Alone
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Jingle All the Way
- Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey
- Last Holiday
- Love Actually
- Miracle on 34th Street
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- Rise of the Guardians
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Single All the Way
- The Family Stone
- The Grinch (2018)
- The Holiday
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- The Night Before
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Polar Express
And if you want to extend the holiday season past December 25, we’ve got you covered with some classic New Year’s Eve movies:
- About Time
- An Affair to Remember
- Bridget Jones’s Diary
- Holiday Inn
- New Year’s Eve
- Phantom Thread
- Sleepless in Seattle
- When Harry Met Sally…
- While You Were Sleeping
Dates and details
Applications are open now until 11:59 p.m. (MT) on December 2, 2022. So write your list—and check it twice—but don’t forget to apply to this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It’s not often a job comes around that’ll pay you to watch movies!
We’ll email you by December 6, 2022, if you’ve won. Be sure to check your email and mark CableTV.com emails as not spam so you don’t miss out on being our Chief of Cheer.
Submit your application
If you’re 18 years of age or older and eligible to work in the US, then you should apply right now! Seriously—what are you waiting for? We hear the jingle bells in the background, so stop wrapping presents and press send on your application.
Applications close at 11:59 p.m. (MT) on December 2, 2022.
How Will I Know If I Won?
CableTV.com will email the winner no later than December 6, 2022, to inform them that they have won. If the winner cannot be reached, then we will pick a new winner. The winner has seven days to accept or decline the dream job offer, but remember—you’ll need to watch all of the movies before the end of December, so don’t wait around.
But to win, you have to apply. So click the link above and submit your application before December 2, 2022. We’re waiting on you to start our great holiday movie marathon!
Terms and Conditions
CableTV.com Dream Job Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the Holiday Movie Dream Job (the “Dream Job”) contest is Clear Link Technologies, LLC d/b/a CableTV.com (“Promoter”), whose principal office is located at 5202 West Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of Promoter, those involved in the production, development, implementation, or handling of the Dream Job contest, and any agents acting for the above providers, prize suppliers, or any other person associated with the Dream Job contest, and family members and persons living in the same household as any of the foregoing persons, are not eligible to enter.
- The Dream Job contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who on the date of entry are 18 years old or older, or have otherwise reached the age of majority under the state’s laws where they reside.
- DREAM JOB VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW. All applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations apply.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THE DREAM JOB. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Dream Job.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Dream Job contest, all applicants agree to release and hold harmless Promoter (and any parent, subsidiary, or otherwise related entities of Promoter) from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Dream Job contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against them, and hereby acknowledge that they have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize. Promoter (and any parent, subsidiary, or otherwise related entity of Promoter) shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to by (1) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees, representatives, or independent contractors, (2) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Promoter, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Promoter or its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies. The failure of Promoter to comply with any provision of these Terms and Conditions due to an act of God, natural disaster, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, action of governmental authorities, or any other cause outside of the control of Promoter (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Terms and Conditions. Applicants waive all right to and hold the Promoter harmless from any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, exemplary, incidental, and consequential damages), and expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Dream Job contest or the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Dream Job. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promoter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive prize notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Dream Job contest; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this Dream Job contest; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Dream Job contest, or announcement of the recipient of the Dream Job (“Recipient”).
- In no event shall the Promoter’s aggregate liability arising out of or relating to this Dream Job contest, whether arising out of or related to breach of contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, exceed three (3) times the amounts to be paid to Recipient pursuant to the Dream Job.
- The route to enter the Dream Job and details on how to apply are available at CableTV.com. Individuals may apply for the Dream Job by filling out the application form found at https://www.CableTV.com/blog/holiday-movie-dream-job/. Each applicant may submit only one (1) application for the Dream Job. Any attempt to submit more than one application will void that applicant’s applications and that applicant may be disqualified.
- Promoter will start accepting applications on November 9th, 2022. The closing date for entry will be December 2, 2022 at 11:59 PM MT. After this date and time, no further applications for the Dream Job will be permitted. Promoter’s database tracking system is the official time-keeping device for the Dream Job contest.
- Applicants will be evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected federal, state/province or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
- Promoter shall select one (1) Recipient from the entire pool of eligible applicants. Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Promoter. Recipient must comply with all of these Terms and Conditions, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
- Recipient will be notified by email, through their email submitted with their application, within 7 days of the closing date for the contest. Except where prohibited, each potential Recipient must complete and return to Promoter, within seven (7) days of being notified, an electronic Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) via postal mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or other email address designated by Promoter, or other digital transmission method acceptable to Promoter, in order to claim the Dream Job. If Recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the Dream Job within seven (7) days of notification, Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the offer from Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient. Recipient may be required to show identification in order to receive the Dream Job.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the Dream Job. Recipient has no authority to bind Promoter to contracts, or make any agreement or representations without Promoter’s written consent. Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Promoter to its employees. Promoter is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that the sums received pursuant to this Dream Job are subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- Dream Job consists of watching 25 holiday movies of the Recipient’s choice within 25 days. The Promoter will notify the Recipient on how to complete the Dream Job requirements.
- Before starting the Dream Job, the Recipient will receive instructions to redeem their 1-year streaming package (“Streaming Package”) via email or video call. Recipients will receive (i) a digital Netflix Gift Card (valued at $168); and (ii) a digital Hulu Gift Card (valued at $100); and (iii) a Disney+ Gift Subscription (valued at $79.99); and (iii) an Amazon Prime membership (valued at $119); and (iv) an Apple ID credit (valued at $60); and (v) a Visa Gift Card to be used for HBO Max and Hallmark Movies Now (valued at $259.99).
- This Dream Job is conducted by Promoter and is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with any third parties or third party products mentioned or their affiliates.
- Upon completion of the Dream Job, Recipient will receive a one-time payment of $2,500.00 USD. Promoter shall distribute funds no later than ninety (90) days following Recipient’s completion of the Dream Job requirements.
- No cash alternative to the Dream Job will be offered. Recipient’s opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable.
- Where legally required, Recipient’s name will be available upon request twenty-eight (28) days after the closing date for the contest, but no later than one (1) year after the closing date for the contest. To request Recipient’s name, please
send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
CableTV.com 5202 W Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final.
- The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law.
- By submitting an application for the Dream Job, applicants unconditionally accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and all discretionary decisions of Promoter, which are final and binding in all respects. Should an applicant win the Dream Job, they must be available at the email address in the enrollment to receive their win notification and instructions on how to claim their dream Job. Promoter is not responsible for changes to applicants’ email addresses.
- Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Dream Job contest and Dream Job should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical failures, or any factor beyond Promoter’s reasonable control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Dream Job contest. In such event, Promoter reserves the right to award the Dream Job from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Promoter’s website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Dream Job contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of any right or remedy.
- Applicants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Dream Job contest and any Dream Job shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by JAMS for final and binding arbitration under its Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures, to be held in Salt Lake City, Utah, before a single arbitrator, who shall be a retired judge. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Neither party shall be entitled or permitted to commence or maintain any action in a court of law with respect to any matter in dispute until such matter shall have been submitted to arbitration as herein provided and then only for the enforcement of the arbitrator’s award. Nothing in this paragraph shall affect either party’s ability to seek from a court injunctive or equitable relief at any time; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Dream Job contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any applicant be permitted to obtain awards for, and applicants hereby waive, all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Promoter and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and participants hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Dream Job contest; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of the Dream Job contest; and/or (c) in these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Terms and Conditions, Promoter reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions for clarification purposes or to correct any such error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Dream Job contest.
This Dream Job is administered by CableTV.com and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any of the parties mentioned above.