Hey Art Students, Want to Win $2,000?
Students, tell us about your passion for arts and entertainment and you could win big!
College can be a tough time for any type of student—trying to balance classes and late-night cramming while trying to juggle a social life (and often a job) can feel like an occupation of its own.
And don’t even get us started on the financial side of higher education. (As a recent college graduate myself, those fees are still all too real.)
Arts students often have to shoulder an even greater financial burden, with supplies from paints to digital drawing tablets quickly racking up possibly thousands of extra dollars each academic year.
We at CableTV.com particularly sympathize with the creatives of the world, which is why we’re offering our second annual scholarship of $2,000 to one arts student who can really move us with their love of their craft. Read on to find out how you can apply.
Who we’re looking for
Calling all creatives, this is your time to shine. Whether your passion lies in theater, sculpture, graphic design, animation, writing, or anything in between—we see you and want to help reach your goals.
If you’re attending an undergraduate arts program at an accredited university in Fall 2023, whether majoring, minoring, or still filling out the declaration paperwork, you can apply for this scholarship.
You also have to be a US resident and 18 or older to apply. Sorry, friends, it’s a legal thing.
How does $2,000 sound? Sure, it’s not even close to a semester’s worth of tuition, but $2,000 can certainly take a load off of any struggling art student’s back.
Spend it on whatever you need to help further your education—art supplies (those things are pricey!), new laptop, your tuition itself, or even housing. Your money, your choice. Feel free to be creative with how you use it—we know you are.
Here’s your chance to really shine: the essay. In 300–500 words, we want you to answer the question: “What’s a TV show or movie that has empowered you in your academic life and why?”
Did watching the 2005 adaptation of Rent as a kid inspire you to go into musical theater? Or maybe Nicholas Britell’s incredible Succession score has made you want to go into music composition.
Even if there’s just a show that you watch religiously in the background while you’re studying, that works too. Spin it in whatever way feels most authentic to you—that’s what matters.
The deadline is July 21, 2023. Our team of judges will select the winner after reviewing every essay. We’re looking for creativity, thoughtfulness, composition, and insight.
Of course, your essay should also be grammatically correct, follow conventional spelling rules, and be proofread before submission. This is academia, after all.
We’ll notify the winner on August 4, 2023.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of this scholarship competition is CableTV.com, whose principal office is located at 42 Future Way, Draper, UT 84020.
- Employees of CableTV.com’s parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and scholarship suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where they reside, to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED (including outside of the US).
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve the chances of winning.
- Details for entering the scholarship competition are available at https://www.cabletv.com/blog/arts-scholarship. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on CableTV.com’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, applicants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that CableTV.com can notify the winner of the results. Each entrant will only be given (1) entry for the Giveaway. Any attempt to submit more than one entry will void that entrant’s entry and that entrant may be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be July 21, 2023, at 11:59:59pm MST. After this date no further entries to the scholarship competition will be permitted. Promoter’s database tracking system is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.
- Odds of winning are based on the total number of applicants. Only one recipient will be selected from the entire pool of eligible applicants.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by CableTV.com.
- The winner will be notified by email or letter within 35 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the scholarship within 14 days of notification, CableTV.com reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship from the initial selected recipient and select a replacement recipient. Winner may be required to show identification in order to receive the prize.
- CableTV.com will notify the winner when and where the scholarship can be collected.
- The winner will receive a one-time $2,000 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses.
- The scholarship is not transferable.
- The recipient’s name will be available 35 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
42 Future Way
Draper, Utah 84020
- CableTV.com’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the scholarship competition and the scholarship will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- CableTV.com accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
- CableTV.com reserves the right to cancel without notice or amend the scholarship competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time and will seek to notify applicants as soon as possible about any material changes to the scholarship competition.
- CableTV.com is not responsible for inaccurate scholarship details supplied to any applicants by any third party connected with this scholarship competition.
- The scholarship competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- Entry into the scholarship competition will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.