We Will Pay You $2,021 to Watch the Best Picture Winners from the Past 21 Years!
Do you love movies? Good. How about graven images made of solid bronze coated in 24-karat gold and kissed with celebrity drool? Yeah? Well, do we have a job for you. In celebration of the 93rd Academy Awards, we’ll pay one lucky film buff $2,021 to watch the Best Pictures from the past 21 years!
Yeah, for real! But don’t start writing your acceptance speech; you haven’t won yet.
Who we want to hire
You don’t have to be a theater employee, film student, or filmmaker to qualify. We just want you to be these things:
- A film fanatic
- An active social media user
- 18+ years of age
- Eligible to work in the US
But OMG what will you wear? Since you’ll be working remotely, there’s no dress code. So don’t commission bedazzled Vera Wang PJs or anything. But if you have film-fan gear—a Sofia Coppola sleep set or Alejandro González Iñárritu horsey jammies, perhaps—that will do nicely.
What you’ll do
You’ll have one month to watch 21 movies—the Best Picture winners from 2000–2020—and share your thoughts about each film on social media.
Based on each film’s run time, this temp job should last around 46 hours, meaning you’ll earn $43.86 an hour! You won’t make that kinda scratch tearing tickets at your local art house theater. Or in your film school work-study job. Or watching movies alone at home, for free, while your short film is in “pre-production.”
What you’ll watch
See why we call it a dream job? You could get real cash money to consume these cinematic masterpieces.
- 2020 – Parasite (132 min.)
- 2019 – Green Book (130 min.)
- 2018 – The Shape of Water (123 min.)
- 2017 – Moonlight (111 min.)
- 2016 – Spotlight (129 min.)
- 2015 – Birdman (120 min.)
- 2014 – 12 Years a Slave (134 min.)
- 2013 – Argo (130 min.)
- 2012 – The Artist (114 min.)
- 2011 – The King’s Speech (119 min.)
- 2010 – The Hurt Locker (131 min.)
- 2009 – Slumdog Millionaire (123 min.)
- 2008 – No Country for Old Men (123 min.)
- 2007 – The Departed (151 min.)
- 2006 – Crash (115 min.)
- 2005 – Million Dollar Baby (133 min.)
- 2004 – The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (201 min.)
- 2003 – Chicago (113 min.)
- 2002 – A Beautiful Mind (140 min.)
- 2001 – Gladiator (171 min.)
- 2000 – American Beauty (122 min.)
What you’ll get
In addition to the marquee award—the 2,021 big ones—you’ll get supplies for your movie binge:
- $100 Amazon gift card for film rentals (or purchases)
- $100 Grubhub gift card
- Oscar statue replica
- Red carpet runner
- 4 boxes of microwave popcorn
How to apply
Applications for this job have closed.
We’d wish you good luck but, in this business, it’s all about who ya know.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this Dream Job (“Dream Job”) is Clear Link Technologies, LLC, DBA CableTV.com (“Promoter”) whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
2. Employees of Promoter, or their family members, or anyone else connected in any way with the Dream Job or helping to set up the Dream Job shall not be permitted to enter.
3. Dream Job is open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years or older as of April 5, 2021 at 9:00 AM MTN, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the state’s laws where you reside to apply for the Dream Job.
4. DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
5. There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS DREAM JOB. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Dream Job.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Dream Job, applicants waive all right to, and hold the Promoter harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Dream Job or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promoter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive prize notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Dream Job; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this Dream Job; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Dream Job, or announcement of the Recipient of the Dream Job (“Recipient”).
7. Route to entry for the Dream Job and details on how to apply are available at www.CableTV.com. Individuals may apply by filling out the application form on CableTV.com’s website.
8. Applications for the Dream Job will be accepted starting on Monday, 04/05/2021 at 9:00 AM MT. Closing date for applications will be Friday, 04/23/2021 at 11:59 PM MT. After this date, no further applications to the Dream Job will be permitted.
9. Applicants will be evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
10. Promoter shall select one (1) Recipient from the entire pool of eligible applicants. Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Promoter’s employees.
11. The Recipient will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the Recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the Dream Job within 7 days of notification, Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient.
12. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the Dream Job. Recipient has no authority to bind Promoter to contracts, make any agreement or representations on Promoter’s behalf without Promoter’s written consent. Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Promoter to its employees. Promoter is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
13. Dream Job consists of watching 21 award winning movies and posting about it on social media. Promoter will notify the Recipient(s) how to complete the Dream Job Requirements.
14. Prior to the start of the Dream Job, the Recipient will receive a welcome package (“Welcome Package”) either mailed or hand-delivered to the Recipient. Welcome package includes: one (1) $100 Grubhub gift card, one (1) $100 Amazon Prime gift card, popcorn, a red carpet, and an award. The value of the movie-watching kit is approximately $250 USD.
15. This Dream Job is conducted by Promoter and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Grubhub Inc., Amazon.com Inc., The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, or any of the properties listed above or their affiliates.
16. Upon completion of the Dream Job requirements, the Recipient will receive a stipend of $2021.00 USD.
17. No cash alternative to the Dream Job or Welcome Package will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable. Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Welcome Package items with items of equivalent or greater value without giving notice.
19. Where legally required, the Recipient’s name will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
20. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
21. Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah
23. By submitting an application for this Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.