1. How do I connect my iPhone with an HDMI cable?
Apple sells the adapters you’ll need. The fare is typical of Apple—expensive, but the product is well-made. Apple always recommends that you buy its products rather than knockoffs, but if you want to save some money, you can also pick up an adapter from Amazon or another third party that will get the job done. Just make sure it supports High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your TV.
- Connect the other end to the adapter.
- Plug the adapter into the Lightning port on your iOS device.
- If you need to charge your device while using it, plug one end of a Lightning to USB or Dock Connector to USB cord into the second port on the adapter and plug the other end into a power source.
- Switch to the HDMI input on your TV.
2. How do I connect my iPhone to my TV with Apple TV?
If you prefer the wireless life, connect your iPhone to your TV easily with an Apple TV and Apple’s AirPlay wireless protocol. This lets you stream videos, photes, and other content directly or mirror your device’s display on your TV.
- Make sure your iPhone and Apple TV are on the same Wi-Fi network—otherwise they won’t see each other.
- Open Control Center on your iOS device. On iPad or any iPhone other than the iPhone X, do this by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. On iPhone X, swipe down from the right of the notch.
- Tap the AirPlay Mirroring button. (It looks like a triangle pointing up to a rectangle.)
- Select your Apple TV from the list that appears.
3. How do I cast my iPhone to my TV through Chromecast?
- Plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Open a Chromecast-supported app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Cast button. (It’s a rounded rectangle with a Wi-Fi symbol in the bottom left corner.) Select “Chromecast” from the list of available devices to cast to TV.
4. How do I connect my iPhone to a Roku Streaming Device?
There are a couple ways iPhone and iPad users can wirelessly connect their devices to a Roku streaming device.
- Make sure your iPhone and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In a supported app such as YouTube or Netflix, look for the Cast button.
- Tap the Cast button, and select the Roku device from the list.
- Download the Roku mobile app to your iOS device.
- Launch the app.
- Choose the Photos+ option from the bottom navigation bar in the Roku app.
- Select the media you want to share to the Roku device.
Whatever combination of devices you have, there’s a way stream content and cast videos on the big screen. Get connected, and then kick back and enjoy the show!