Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall, Which Princess Is the Most Beloved of All?
The teaser trailer for Ralph Breaks the Internet hit us right in the feels—you know . . . the one with all the Disney princesses? There’s just something so nostalgic about seeing all our childhood heroes in one room. And of course, we immediately started bickering over which princess is best. So, we asked “mirror, mirror on the wall” Google Trends to help us decide who’s the favorite of them all!
Like we always do, we let each state hold equal sway. Our analysts made a list of the sixteen most popular Disney princesses and heroines, and we ran them through Google Trends to find out which characters got the most traction over the past twelve months.
Our Eligible Princesses
The sixteenth Disney princess, Moana, isn’t pictured above because (spoiler alert) she didn’t make the top search result in any state. Come on, America, where is the love for this incredible heroine?
Your State’s Favorite Disney Princess
It turns out Elsa is the fairest in the land! With her sister, Anna, she swept over half the country. The two even shared the first-place crown in two states—South Carolina and Wisconsin.
- Ariel from The Little Mermaid was popular in Florida, which seems on brand for a state with 663 miles of beach.
- Louisiana is all about Tiana from The Princess and the Frog, set in their famous city of New Orleans.
- Esmeralda, the kind-hearted Romani woman from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, took first in California, which has a dense Romani American population.
- Wyoming is a big part of America’s bear country, which probably contributed a lot to Wyomingites’ love for the bear-wrangling Merida from Brave.
- With vast deserts of their own, Nevada and Arizona may have been drawn to the setting of Aladdin. Jasmine was their number-one princess.
- Utah had a five-way tie for its favorite princess, which doesn’t surprise us. The Beehive State couldn’t choose just one favorite Disney classic or Pixar movie.
Do you agree with your state’s top Disney princess? Or do you have another favorite? Let us know in the comments below!