Suddenlink Customer Service: 1-877-794-2724
Call to talk to a human about your Suddenlink service today.
(Para español, oprima el número dos)
You can reach Suddenlink customer service at 1-877-794-2724 on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (CST). View our time zone table below to see what those hours look like where you live.
Bottom line: Is Suddenlink customer service good?
In our 2019 survey of customers from the 11 largest service providers in the United States, Suddenlink scored 7th with a rating of 3.97 (out of 5). That’s slightly below average (3.99).
Suddenlink customer service hours of operation
Suddenlink’s customer service hours are (all times central standard):
By phone (Mon.–Fri.): 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. (CST)
By phone (Sat.): 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. (CST)
Chat (7 days a week): 9:00 a.m.–midnight (CST)
If you’re in a different part of the country, here’s a handy-dandy table with Suddenlink’s support hours adjusted for your time zone.
Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and on the West Coast should call on a Saturday or chat. Otherwise, you’ll be calling when you should be sleeping or working.
|Time zone||Suddenlink phone support hours (Mon.–Fri.)||Suddenlink phone support hours (Sat.)||Suddenlink chat support hours |
(7 days a week)
|Eastern Standard Time (EST)||9:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.||10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m||10:00 a.m.–1:00 a.m.|
|Central Standard Time (CST)||8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.||9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.||9:00 a.m.–midnight|
|Mountain Standard Time (MST)||7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m.|
|Pacific Standard Time (PST)||6:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.|
|Alaska Standard Time (AKST)||5:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.||6:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.||6:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.|
|Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HST)||3:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.||4:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.||4:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.|
Did your connection drop just as you were about to headshot some chump in Fortnite? Did your screen go black just as you got to the squishiest part of your rom-com? Here’s what to do with Suddenlink down.
- Stay cool. Visit Suddenlink’s outage reporting page.
- Log in to your account.
- Check under “My Services” for Suddenlink outage details.
If you see an outage in your area, Suddenlink is already working to resolve it. If you don‘t see one, try calling tech support at 1-877-794-2724.
Suddenlink customer service phone number
To reach a Suddenlink representative by phone, dial 1-877-794-2724. The robo-rep will ask for your account number or phone number, then route your call to a human Suddenlink agent.
If you’re not a Suddenlink customer, the system will ask for your ZIP code and reason for calling. Then the system will send you to a rep.
Suddenlink customer service online
If you feel like you can find a solution without a rep, try searching the Suddenlink help page. But real-time advice is always our preference. If it’s yours, too, Suddenlink chat customer service is open from 9:00 a.m. until midnight (CST), seven days a week.
Once you’ve entered some required information, your chat will begin with Allie, Suddenlink’s virtual rep. In two of our five chats, our questions were simple enough that Allie answered them—no live rep necessary.
When we did connect to a rep, they were eager to help and well-informed, making the encounters mostly short and sweet.
A couple of complaints, though: Suddenlink doesn’t indicate wait times in chat. Our wait times averaged one to five minutes, with one lasting 15 minutes.
Also, we love chat transcripts. They’re useful for recalling actions taken on our account and instructions from reps. And unfortunately, Suddenlink doesn’t offer this service. But you can save transcripts yourself:
- Before ending your chat, click inside the window and press CTRL+A to highlight your entire conversation.
- Hit CTRL+C to copy the chat.
- Open a blank MS Word or Google Doc document.
- CTRL-V to paste your chat into the doc.
- Save your document. Be sure to include the date in the file name for easy reference. Example: “Suddenlink chat 093019”
Other Suddenlink online support
Account and billing FAQ
Suddenlink tech support
Suddenlink customer support for your business
Need help with your Suddenlink business account? Suddenlink has business customer chat and phone support (1-855-270-5527). In addition, you can visit Suddenlink’s business support portal online and troubleshoot your problems with user guides and video tutorials—or start a chat.
Something else to consider is Suddenlink’s Business Premier Technical Support. It costs $36.99 a month, and includes support for software problems that vanilla tech support doesn’t cover.
Suddenlink local customer service options
When you need help, it’s nice to meet the (hopefully) sympathetic eyes of a real person who’ll (hopefully) recognize you need real help.
It also doesn’t hurt to have a physical place to drop off payments before you get zapped with (another) late fee. Fortunately, Suddenlink has those places. Find one using these steps:
- Visit Suddenlink’s store locations page and enter your ZIP code.
- Get on down there and do some good old face-to-face business.
- Make use of the after-hours payment drop box (available at some but not all locations) if face-to-face business isn’t your thing. Note: drop-box payments can take 2–3 days to process.
Before you call Suddenlink
Be prepared with the following info and supplies:
- Your 5-digit ZIP code
- Your account number or the phone number linked to your account
- Answers to any super-secret security questions you put on your account
- A pen and paper for notes
- Some nice refreshments
- A sudoku puzzle
The last two items are optional, but they’ll help you forget you’re on hold listening to elevator music.
Suddenlink bill pay
Options are great, and Suddenlink gives you all kinds of ways to send them money.
- At a local business: Some businesses, like grocery stores, will forward your payment to Suddenlink. These payments don’t hit your account for 3–5 days. If you need to avoid a late fee or service interruption, use a faster method.
- At a Suddenlink store: Visit one of Suddenlink’s store locations during business hours. Some of these places have payment drop boxes. Note: it can take 2–3 days to process drop-box payments.
- Automatic payment: Sign up for Suddenlink’s EZ Pay.
- By mail: Send your check or money order to Suddenlink Communications, P.O. Box 742698, Cincinnati, OH, 45274-2698.
- By overnight mail: Send your check or money order to Suddenlink Communications, 5065 Wooster Road, Cincinnati, OH, 45226.
- By phone—automated phone system: With your check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover) ready, call 1-888-822-5151 and follow the prompts.
- By phone—representative-assisted payment: Call 1-888-822-5151 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Fair warning: Suddenlink charges $10 for this service.
- Through a payment service: Suddenlink accepts bill payments by electronic funds transfer (EFT) from third-party services like CheckFree.
Sign up for Suddenlink service
Move your Suddenlink service
Cancel Suddenlink service
You won’t find instructions on how to break up with Suddenlink in its FAQ. And you can’t do it online. Don’t even think of doing it via text.
Do the right thing and at least call (or do it in person).
- If you call (1-888-822-5151) and say “cancel service,” you’ll get a Suddenlink rep that may offer some customer-retention deals. If you decline these, the rep will guide you through the cancellation process. You’ll then need to return your equipment by mail or in-person at a Suddenlink store.
- Visit a Suddenlink store to cancel in-person. You’ll want to take your equipment with you.
- Let ‘em down easy. (Helpful dialogue: “We can still be friends…”)
Pros and cons of Suddenlink customer service
- Easy-to-reach humans
- Efficient and informed reps
- Local stores for in-person support
- Difficult phone support hours for Alaskan and Hawaiian customers
- No emailed chat transcripts
- No way to cancel without speaking to a rep