Optimum Customer Service: 1-866-218-3259
Call to talk to a real-life person about your Optimum service today. You can also chat online, or find online resources.
(Para español preciona 8)
Optimum customer service hours of operation
Optimum’s residential customer service department is open Monday–Saturday from 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. eastern time.
Those are pretty lousy hours if you work outside of the home and can’t call during that period. Fortunately, there are other ways to contact Optimum support—and its tech support department is open all night. Read on for details.
Is your internet out? Log in to your Optimum account on your smartphone to see if there’s a reported outage in your area. Optimum may already be working to resolve the issue.
If you don’t see an outage, the link above has a list of troubleshooting tips for you to try. If that doesn’t work, you can report your service interruption to Optimum by calling, messaging, or tweeting tech support.
Optimum customer service phone numbers by area
You can call Optimum’s general customer service line (1-866-218-3259) or save time by using one of the following region-specific numbers below. Click them to call Optimum now (assuming it’s not after 6:00 p.m.).
Optimum customer service online
Maybe it’s not so bad if you work during the day and can’t call Optimum from 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. Chatting online is much easier to do when you’re at work, anyway. But of course that customer service option is available 24 hours a day.
Optimum tech support
This one’s easy: for 24/7 technical support, call the number for your region.
Optimum customer support for your business
Hello, business owner! Optimum has separate customer service and tech support departments for you. Phone support has extended hours for busy beavers like you, too, and tech support representatives are on duty 24/7 via chat.
Optimum business support phone numbers
Optimum local customer service options
Do you want a receipt for your payment? Or return equipment to a live person? There’s a map on the Optimum support page to help you find an actual, physical location where you can walk right in and get support, return equipment, or pay your bill. How do ya like that?
Pay your Optimum bill
- Phone: Call Optimum’s Automated Phone System (866-213-7456) to pay by check or credit card (no fee). Or call your region’s support number to make a rep-assisted payment (fee applies).
- Mail: Mail a check or money order (payable to Optimum) to the “remit to” address on your statement.
- Online: Sign in to your account on Optimum.net to make a payment (no fee!) or set up a one-time or recurring monthly payment. You can also view 12 months of statements on this page.
- EBT/EFT:You can set up a bank transfer with your financial institution.
- In person: Visit an Optimum store or payment center to make a payment by check, credit card, or money order. (If you’re in New Jersey, you can pay in cash.)
Sign up for Optimum service
You can sign up for Optimum internet, phone, or TV service online 24/7 or call the general customer service number (866-218-3259) on weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. or weekends from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. eastern time. Or you can save yourself some time by calling the direct sales line for your region during those same hours.
Optimum residential sales phone numbers by area
Cancel your Optimum service
To cancel your Optimum internet, phone, or TV service, call your local customer service number and gently break the news.
Pros and cons of Optimum customer service
- 24/7 tech support via chat
- Many bill pay options
- Optimum Support App
- Poor phone support hours
- Frustrating online FAQ
- Poor customer satisfaction scores