Battle for Batuu: The Ultimate Star Wars Fan Contest
Win a free trip to a Disney Resort and experience Galaxy’s Edge.
Right now, in this very galaxy, Disneyland and Disney World are working on a Star Wars–themed land: Galaxy’s Edge.
Based on the planet Batuu, a gateway planet on the outer rim, these two 14-acre trading ports will take you right into life in the Star Wars galaxy.
As one of the Milky Way’s biggest Star Wars fans, you’re probably warming up your hyperdrive to get there as soon as possible—but CableTV.com wants to approve your Millennium Falcon for landing.
How we’ll get you there
In honor of Star Wars Day (May the fourth be with you), we’re hosting the Battle for Batuu, a contest to find the ultimate Star Wars fans and sponsor their journey to Galaxy’s Edge.
The top five winners will get two passes to either Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California, or Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida—the homes of the new Galaxy’s Edge.
Five Battle for Batuu runner-ups can make their journey solo with one pass to either park.
How to win
We’re looking for bonafide Star Wars fans to show us the full extent of their fandom. You must be at least 18 years old and a legal US resident to enter.
Whether your enthusiasm takes the form of a memorabilia collection, hand-crafted costumes for you and your younglings, or a personally choreographed lightsaber duel, we’ll consider all demonstrations of Star Wars love.
There is, after all, more than one way to skin a womp rat. Whatever your thing, do what it takes to convince us that you’re the ultimate Star Wars fan.
How to apply
To enlist in the Battle For Batuu, follow these steps:
- Make one or more public posts with photographic or video evidence of your Star Wars devotion.
- Tag us @CableTV on Twitter and Facebook or #CableTV on YouTube and Instagram.
- Use the competition hashtag #BattleForBatuu.
- Fill out the application form at the bottom of this page with links to your Battle for Batuu posts.
Join the Rebel Alliance
The Battle for Batuu application portal closes May 6, 2019, so send in your posts soon. We’ll announce the winners on May 17 and award gift cards for the park pass of your choice.
And then patience you must have, our young padawan—Galaxy’s Edge is scheduled to open on May 31 in Disneyland and August 29 in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Battle for Batuu
The Terms and Conditions of the giveaway are as follows:
- The promoter of this giveaway is CableTV.com whose principal office is located at 5202 Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of CableTV.com or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the giveaway or helping to set up the giveaway shall not be permitted to enter the giveaway.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of receiving a gift card.
- Route to entry for the giveaway and details of how to enter are available via CableTV.com. Individuals may enter by clicking on the participation link on CableTV.com’s website. Upon clicking the application link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information to CableTV.com in order to provide the winning entrants with a gift card.
- By submitting their name and contact information, entrants agree to receive marketing solicitations from CableTV.com.
- Closing date for entry will be May 6, 2019 at 12:00 PM EST. After this date, no further entries to the giveaway will be permitted.
- No cash alternative to the gift cards will be offered. The gift cards are not transferable. Gift cards are subject to availability and CableTV.com reserves the right to substitute any gift card with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The entrants agree to the use of their names and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The recipients’ names will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
13. CableTV.com’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the gift cards will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. CableTV.com accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
15. CableTV.com reserves the right to cancel or amend the giveaway and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside CableTV.com’s control. Any changes to the giveaway will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by CableTV.com.
16. The entrant specifically acknowledges that the gift card shall be provided by CableTV.com.
17. CableTV.com accepts no liability for any damages or injuries to entrant as a result of entrant’s time spent on a Disney property. By submitting an entry for this giveaway, entrant releases and forever discharges CableTV.com and its owners, affiliates, successors, officers, employees, representatives, partners, and agents, in their individual and corporate capacities (collectively, “CableTV.com Parties”), from any claims, injuries, liabilities, obligations, promises, agreements, disputes, demands, damages, or causes of action of any kind, known or unknown, which entrant has or ever had or may in the future have against any CableTV.com Parties arising out of or relating to the giveaway. The Release shall be binding upon entrant and its heirs, administrators, personal representatives, executors, successors, and assigns. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be construed to give the maximum enforceability under the law and, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
18. CableTV.com is not responsible for inaccurate gift card details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this giveaway.
19. The giveaway and these terms and conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
21. Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Rachel’s catchphrase is “I’ma Google that.” This go-getter writer has a talent for finding incredible and bizarre facts on the web, and she is happy to pass her knowledge on to you.