CableTV.com Horror Trivia Contest
Answer trivia. Win prizes. Stay alive.
See you next time!
This contest has ended, but subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the loop about future giveaways.
Hey, there! Welcome to CableTV.com’s Kill Room, where you must correctly answer one horror trivia question daily on our Twitter during our October #Bloodstream promotion. Incorrect replies will cost you a finger, a toe, or worse. (Note from Legal: Clarification of joke needed.)
This is absolutely not a joke! We’ve ordered bolt cutters, meat cleavers, and cool little hatchets adorned with the CableTV.com logo just for the occasion. We’ve even partnered up with Full Moon Features for even more terror and gore.
In case you need a reason not to chicken out of playing, we have prizes!
- Daily prize (20 prizes, one winner per day): Correct responses on weekdays from October 1st to October 30th will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Grand prize (One prize, one winner): Correct responses on October 31st will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card plus a prize package of Full Moon Features swag.
Good luck. Hope you don’t wind up looking like the world’s worst woodshop teacher on Halloween. If you do, look on the bright side: you’ll already have a costume.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the #Bloodstream Halloween Trivia Contest (“#Bloodstream”) contest is Clear Link Technologies, LLC (“Promoter”), whose principal office is located at 5202 West Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of Promoter, those involved in the production, development, implementation, or handling of Bloodstream contest, and any agents acting for the above providers, prize suppliers, or any other person associated with Bloodstream contest, and family members and persons living in the same household as any of the foregoing persons, are not eligible to enter.
- Bloodstream contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who on the date of entry are 18 years old or older, or have otherwise reached the age of majority under the state’s laws where they reside.
- Bloodstream VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW. All applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations apply.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR Bloodstream. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for Bloodstream.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering Bloodstream contest, all applicants agree to release and hold harmless Promoter (and any parent, subsidiary, or otherwise related entities of Promoter) from any and all liability resulting or arising from Bloodstream contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against them, and hereby acknowledge that they have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize. Promoter (and any parent, subsidiary, or otherwise related entity of Promoter) shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to by (1) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees, representatives, or independent contractors, (2) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Promoter, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Promoter or its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies. The failure of Promoter to comply with any provision of these Terms and Conditions due to an act of God, natural disaster, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, action of governmental authorities, or any other cause outside of the control of Promoter (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Terms and Conditions. Applicants waive all right to and hold the Promoter harmless from any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, exemplary, incidental, and consequential damages), and expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Bloodstream contest or the acceptance, use, or misuse of Bloodstream. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promoter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive prize notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Bloodstream contest; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this Bloodstream contest; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of Bloodstream contest, or announcement of the recipient of Bloodstream (“Recipient”).
- In no event shall the Promoter’s aggregate liability arising out of or relating to this Bloodstream contest, whether arising out of or related to breach of contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, exceed three (3) times the amounts to be paid to Recipient pursuant to Bloodstream.
- Bloodstream is a Twitter contest wherein Promoter will tweet out one trivia message each business day beginning on October 3, 2022 and ending on October 31, 2022. In order to enter Bloodstream, you must reply to the trivia tweet and answer the trivia question correctly. You may submit only one (1) answer per question per day. Any attempt to submit more than one application will void that your entry and you may be disqualified.
- Each business day Promoter will select a person with a tweet that has the correct answer for the trivia question (“Recipient”). Each Recipient will receive one (1) $25 Amazon gift card. The person who wins #Bloodstreamon October 31, 2022, will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and a variety of prizes provided by Full Moon Features.
- Each Recipient will be notified by Promoter via Twitter’s direct messaging service email, through their Twitter account used to submit their answer to the Trivia question within one business day after answering the trivia question. In order to receive the prize and except where prohibited, each potential Recipient must respond to the direct message and provide accurate information to transfer each prize by no later than 11:59 P.M. MST on November 31, 2022. If Recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not respond to Promoter’s direct message as set forth above, Recipient shall not receive the prize.
- Applicants will be evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected federal, state/province or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
- Recipient must comply with all of these Terms and Conditions, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Recipient acknowledges that participation in Bloodstream creates no agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of Bloodstream. Recipient has no authority to bind Promoter to contracts, or make any agreement or representations without Promoter’s written consent. Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Promoter to its employees. Promoter is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that the sums received pursuant to this Bloodstream are subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- This Bloodstream is conducted by Promoter and is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with any third parties or third-party products mentioned or their affiliates.
- No cash alternative to Bloodstream will be offered. Recipient’s opportunity to participate in Bloodstream is not transferable.
- Where legally required, Recipient’s name will be available upon request twenty-eight (28) days after the closing date for the contest, but no later than one (1) year after the closing date for the contest. To request Recipient’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: 5202 W Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend Bloodstream and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with Bloodstream will be final.
- Bloodstream and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law.
- By submitting a response to any Bloodstream Tweet, for Bloodstream, applicants unconditionally accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and all discretionary decisions of Promoter, which are final and binding in all respects. Should an applicant win Bloodstream, they must be available at their Twitter account used to respond to the trivia tweet to receive their win notification and instructions on how to claim their Bloodstream prize. Promoter is not responsible for changes to applicants’ Twitter account.
- Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend Bloodstream contest and Bloodstream should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical failures, or any factor beyond Promoter’s reasonable control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of Bloodstream contest. In such event, Promoter reserves the right to award Bloodstream from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Promoter’s website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Bloodstream contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of any right or remedy.
- Applicants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Bloodstream contest and any Bloodstream shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by JAMS for final and binding arbitration under its Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures, to be held in Salt Lake City, Utah, before a single arbitrator, who shall be a retired judge. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Neither party shall be entitled or permitted to commence or maintain any action in a court of law with respect to any matter in dispute until such matter shall have been submitted to arbitration as herein provided and then only for the enforcement of the arbitrator’s award. Nothing in this paragraph shall affect either party’s ability to seek from a court injunctive or equitable relief at any time; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Bloodstream contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any applicant be permitted to obtain awards for, and applicants hereby waive, all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Promoter and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and participants hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in Bloodstream contest; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of Bloodstream contest; and/or (c) in these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Terms and Conditions, Promoter reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions for clarification purposes or to correct any such error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of Bloodstream contest. This Bloodstream contest is administered by CableTV.com and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any of the parties mentioned above.