Xfinity Free Installation
Save some money by installing Xfinity service yourself.
Save money and time with a free Xfinity installation kit
Don’t like waiting for a cable installer to show up for an appointment “sometime between noon and 5 p.m.?” Good news: You can do it yourself with an Xfinity free installation kit—and save $89.99 in the process. You don’t even have to be tech-savvy to set up Xfinity internet and Wi-Fi.
Who qualifies for a free Xfinity installation kit
New Xfinity cable TV subscribers are eligible for a free installation kit when they bundle internet service with television. Current Xfinity TV customers are also eligible if they add an internet bundle. The only real requirement is having a functioning Xfinity cable line to your home.
You may be denied a free installation kit for the following reasons:
- Your residence has never had Xfinity service before, meaning a technician will need to install a cable line.
- Your residence hasn’t had active Xfinity service for 12 months or longer. To determine if the cable line still carries a signal, a technician will need to check it.
- Your residence requires a more complicated setup or four or more pieces of Xfinity equipment.
What you get with an Xfinity free installation kit
After you sign up for Xfinity internet service, you’ll receive a Getting Started kit. Setting up the equipment won’t require any extra tools, and you should be able to complete the installation in under 30 minutes.
What’s included with the Xfinity internet Getting Started kit:
- An envelope containing a Comcast Customer Privacy Notice and Agreement for Residential Services
- A Getting Started guide
- An xFi Wireless Gateway (modem/router)
- A coaxial cable (to connect xFi to incoming cable)
- An Ethernet cable (to connect directly to xFi)
- An xFi power cord
If you’re bundling with TV service, you’ll also receive the following:
- An Xfinity cable box with remote
- A second coaxial cable
- A cable splitter (to send separate lines to xFi and cable box)
Opting for professional installation
If you’d rather have an Xfinity technician install your internet service, there’s a one-time fee of $89.99. Contact Xfinity to set up an appointment.