Talk to a human about your DIRECTV service today.
Bottom line: Is DIRECTV customer service good?
In our 2019 customer satisfaction survey, DIRECTV scored 3.80 out of 5 stars for tech support and customer service. That put it in ninth place—far from impressive.
The online assistance pesters you for your account number before providing solutions, and customer support has limited open hours. DIRECTV doesn’t have a live chat feature, either, so your troubleshooting is limited.
At the very least, we at CableTV.com can help you get the phone numbers you need to contact DIRECTV with your questions.
CableTV.com’s 2019 reader’s poll results.
Contact DIRECTV customer service
DIRECTV customer service hours of operation
You can reach DIRECTV’s customer service and technical support at 1-844-207-4693. Technical support is always available, but you can get help with your bill and account only from 8 a.m. to midnight ET.
- Bill and account assistance: 8 a.m. to midnight ET
- Technical support: 24/7
Sometimes bad weather can interrupt your DIRECTV service. But because the most crucial piece of DIRECTV equipment is floating weightless in space, major outages don’t happen often. You can learn about your local outages on DIRECTV’s website.
DIRECTV customer service phone number
You can reach DIRECTV on a few different customer service numbers, but we like 1-844-207-4693 best.
This one runs through AT&T, DIRECTV’s parent company. It automatically detects the number you’re calling from and associates it with your account. That will save you some time because you don’t have to enter the number manually or say it aloud.
All these numbers will put you in contact with DIRECTV customer service:
These numbers all take you to one of two customer service protocols that will get you where you need to go. We wanted you to have access to them all, but you really only need to call one.
DIRECTV customer service online
DIRECTV’s troubleshooting portal is slow and bulky. From the get-go, it wants your ID and password, which is supposed to help you get the most accurate information—but ends up being a hassle if you have a quick question.
And unlike many TV services, DIRECTV doesn’t offer an online chat or let you schedule phone calls from customer service. You’ll have to log in to your myAT&T account and dig in deep to get online help.
Other forms of DIRECTV online support
DIRECTV tech support
Unlike most of DIRECTV’s customer support numbers, you can reach its technical support 24/7. Call 844-207-4693 to get started.
DIRECTV customer support for your business
You won’t have to worry about DIRECTV’s business hours when it comes to your business’s TV service. You’ll get customer support any time you call 1-888-388-4249.
DIRECTV local customer service options
Head over to the local AT&T brick-and-mortar to get face-to-face customer service. Put your ZIP code in on AT&T’s website to see a map of your local stores and their contact info.
Be aware, some local options in the link above are third-party retailers. The good news is third-party providers make it easier to get DIRECTV help if you don’t have an official AT&T store in your area. The bad news is the wide variety of third-party retailers means you can’t expect the same level of customer service from each one.
Before you call DIRECTV
- Get your account number. You can find that on the top-right corner of your paper bill or see it when you sign in at myAT&T.
- Know your billing and service addresses. These exact locations are necessary if you’re calling to set up or move your DIRECTV service.
- Take notes on the problems you’re having with your DIRECTV service. With a list of problems, like outages or equipment issues, you’ll be able to answer questions faster and get the help you need.
- Have a pen and paper ready. You might get a lot of information on the phone, and you don’t want to forget it when you hang up.
Pay your DIRECTV bill
- Online—Sign in to your DIRECTV account to pay with a credit card or your checking or savings account.
- By phone—With a copy of your bill and payment information on hand, dial 1-844-649-0648. There is a convenience fee to pay over the phone, so pay online if you can.
- By mail—Send your payment to AT&T, PO BOX 5014, Carol Stream, IL 60197-5014.
Do you like to keep it local? And do business face-to-face and with cash? We feel you.
DISH customers may pay their monthly bill in person anywhere that accepts Moneygram Express Payments, Western Union, CheckFreePay, and EPay. Find a location with DISH’s Pay-in-Cash Locator. As shown above, these services charge a fee.
Sign up for DIRECTV service
- Have your billing and service addresses on hand, especially if you just moved to a new location.
- Prepare your payment information.
- Call 1-877-283-3411.
Cancel your DIRECTV service
DIRECTV doesn’t allow you to cancel online, so you’ll have to call in.
If you’re the account holder, call 844-207-4693. No one else can cancel DIRECTV service.
Clearly state that you wish to cancel your DIRECTV service. Don’t temporarily suspend your service if you intend to cancel.
Pay any deactivation fees and outstanding charges.
Return all equipment as instructed by DIRECTV customer service.
Pros and cons of DIRECTV customer service
- Automatically processes your account phone number when you call in
- Offers helpful online resources
- Answers technical support problems 24/7
- Requests account information to troubleshoot many problems
- Limits customer support hours
- Works with third-party retailers that don’t all offer the same level of service
DIRECTV customer support can be a hassle to deal with. If you’re feeling technically savvy, log in to your DIRECTV account for quick answers to your questions. Otherwise, call 1-844-207-4693 between 8 a.m. and midnight ET.
DIRECTV customer service FAQ
What is the phone number for DIRECTV?
The best number for DIRECTV is 1-844-207-4693. Don’t be confused when the message thanks you for calling AT&T—AT&T owns DIRECTV, so you dialed the right number.