Sling TV Deals
Sling TV is already cheap, but CableTV.com has found a few more ways to save money on the service.
Besides being one of the least expensive and most customizable livestreaming TV services around, Sling TV is also all about dem deals. Where other streaming services offer various discounts and bundle options, Sling TV will hook you up with physical gear—and who doesn’t like gear?
The following deals are available on all three of Sling TV’s plans: Orange, Blue (both $35 a month), and Orange + Blue ($50 a month). Pick your color swatch and get streaming.
$10 off your first month
If, after your three-day free trial, you decide that Sling TV is the livestreamer you’ve been looking for, you can get $10 off your first month of service. This means the Orange and Blue plans will cost $25 initially and Orange + Blue, $40. Regular rates apply when the month is up.
Free AirTV Mini
Prepaying for two months of Sling TV service allows you to grab a free AirTV Mini streaming dongle, a small HDMI plug-in similar to a Chromecast. Sling TV says the AirTV regularly goes for $79.99, which we think is a bit steep for such a simple device—but free is free.
Free and discounted Locals Bundles
Sling TV doesn’t carry many local channels in most markets, which is why it’s practically evangelical about supplementing its streaming channel lineups with an antenna. Local over-the-air broadcast channels are free, and so are the digital HD antennas Sling TV includes with its Locals Bundles:
- Basic Locals Bundle: Get a free digital HD antenna (regularly $44.99) when you prepay for two months of Sling TV service.
- Bonus Locals Bundle: Get a digital HD antenna and an AirTV 2 antenna device for $49.00 (regularly $149.99 total) when you prepay for three months of Sling TV service. The AirTV 2 is a DVR/tuner that interfaces with a digital antenna and integrates local channels into Sling TV.
- Better Locals Bundle: Get a digital HD antenna, an AirTV 2, and an AirTV Mini for $99.00 (regularly $224.95) when you prepay for three months of Sling TV service. This setup allows you to watch on three TVs: local channels on two, and Sling TV streaming on one.
- Best Locals Bundle: Get a digital HD antenna, an AirTV 2, and two AirTV Minis for $149.00 (regularly 304.92) when you prepay for three months of Sling TV service. This setup allows you to watch on four TVs: local channels on two, and Sling TV streaming on two.
Sling TV offers a super-skinny version of its live TV streaming service at zero cost: Sling Free, a mix of live news channels (like ABC News Live and CBS News) and dozens of linear “loop” channels featuring 24/7 shows and movies (similar to Pluto TV and Xumo). You don’t even have to register—just use the Sling TV app or a web browser and look for “Explore Free Content.”
There are also some live sports and on-demand movies and shows on Sling Free, though you’ll find many of them labeled with a “Subscribe” tag (meaning not free). Still, you can watch a whole season of HGTV’s Home Town for free, as well as hundreds of semi-obscure movies (2003’s Death Train, anyone?).
Sling Free also allows you to subscribe to the same premium add-ons as regular Sling TV, but you’ll have to pay for those. The same goes for movie rentals through Sling Free, but at least they’re current and you’ve heard of them.
Sling TV deals FAQ
How can I get Sling TV free for 30 days?
In response to COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns, Sling TV briefly offered a 30-day free trial period in 2020. The free trial has since been discontinued, but the limited channels Sling Free is still available with no sign-up.
What is the cheapest Sling TV package?
Both Sling Orange and Sling Blue, Sling’s cheapest plans, cost $35 a month. Sling Orange is designed for families and sports fans; Sling Blue offers more channels and is geared toward entertainment and news. For more details, check out our Sling Orange vs. Sling Blue guide.
Do you have to pay for Sling TV on Roku?
Sling TV’s Orange, Blue, and Orange + Blue plans aren’t free through Roku or any other streaming device. You can, however, stream Sling Free with the Sling TV app on Roku and other devices.
Which Sling TV plan is best?
We like the Sling Orange + Blue plan because it features the most channels, over 50, for $50 a month. But, if you just want a single $35 Sling TV plan, there are differences to consider:
- Sling Orange carries more sports and family channels (like ESPN and Disney), but has fewer channels overall (30+).
- Blue has more channels (45+) and leans more toward entertainment and news channels (like Syfy and MSNBC).
- Sling Orange or Sling Blue can be customized with channel add-on packages (like sports, kids, movies. etc.), so it’s really just a matter of what you’re into.
What is Sling Total TV?
Sling’s Total TV is a deal for new customers that adds a 500-hour cloud DVR and seven Sling TV Extras packages (Sports Extra, Comedy Extra, Kids Extra, News Extra, Lifestyle Extra, Hollywood Extra, and Heartland Extra) to Sling Orange, Sling Blue, or Sling Orange + Blue at a discount. Sling Total TV for Orange or Blue is an extra $21 a month, or $27 a month extra added to the Orange + Blue plan.
Sling TV previously offered a “4 Extras Deal,” which included Kids Extra, News Extra, Lifestyle Extra and Comedy Extra for a discounted total of $12 a month, but it expired in February 2021.