When it comes to streaming platforms, Roku is the best because it offers affordable devices with a clean interface. Many media players get bogged down by their complex app layouts and hidden menu features. But Roku avoids this with its tidy, easy-to-navigate, and customizable menus.
Also, unlike the companies behind Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV, Roku is not a big tech rival—meaning it’s more open to offering apps from a diverse lineup of streamers. Sure, carriage disputes still happen between Roku and content providers. But there’s a broader range of video apps available on Roku than any other streaming platform.
For Sling TV users, the Sling app is the most well-rounded on Roku. No glaring components are missing on Roku, and there are even available features not found on other devices. The big one is the View Scores guide, which comes in handy for those weekend afternoons when several sports are happening at once.
How do I access Sling TV on Roku?
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Scroll down to the Search tab and type in “Sling TV.” (You can also use your voice-enabled Roku remote by holding down the microphone button and saying “Sling TV.”)
- Choose the Sling channel from the search results.
- Select Add Channel to download and install.
- You’ll then have the option to go directly to the Sling TV Roku channel. Otherwise, you can access it from the bottom of the Home screen.
If you have additional Roku device questions, head to Roku Support for user and expert-assisted help.