We’ll Pay You to Binge College Basketball
March is upon us, which means screaming fans, painted faces, and hardcore bracket bets with plenty of surprises and upsets. We wanted to get in on the action, so we decided to give one lucky fan $1,000 to watch the college basketball tournament.
CableTV.com is looking for a college basketball megafan to become our brand’s resident basketball binge-watcher for this year’s tournament.
This contracted position pays a total of $1,000 for watching 40 total hours of basketball. That breaks down to about 17 games, which makes the job about $50 a game, or $25 an hour. You’ll start after Sunday, March 15, and aim to finish by the time the championship game bounces around.
Does that sound like a slam-dunk gig or what?
Our ideal candidate is a die-hard, basketball-crazed maniac with a full-court–sized personality.
We want a fan with an active social media presence (Twitter, Twitch, Reddit, or otherwise) who’s passionate about sharing their watching experience and love for the game—all while tagging the @CableTV handle along the way.
No degree is necessary, no drug test required, and all work will be remote.
All we need is a US citizen that’s at least 18 years old—and who knows their b-ball too.
For the person who makes it through the draft, you’ll be responsible for watching 40 hours of college basketball while sharing your journey via social media along the way. Your job is to boost the hype surrounding the tournament, as well as CableTV.com.
We’ll provide guidelines and tips for tracking your binge experience, but we want you to bring your style to the game too. It’s a team effort and we’ll make sure we all come out of it like champs.
One lucky all-star fan gets the opportunity to make money while watching the college basketball tournament. The bragging rights to your friends, family, and Facebook feed are worth it alone, but we’ve got more for you too.
You’ll get a welcome package complete with everything you need to watch and share your marathon experience:
- Sling TV with three months of Orange & Blue service, plus the Cord-Cutters
- Bundle and Sports Pack
- An AirTV Mini
- An AirTV 2
- An over-the-air (OTA) antenna
- A March Madness dry-erase bracket board
- A customized CableTV basketball shirt to sport while self-documenting
The total cost of this care package is valued over $200, and that’s on top of the $1,000 you’ll be raking in—all for witnessing the glorious games you were going to watch anyway.
How to apply
To apply, please fill out the form on our application page below with approximately 200 words about why you‘re our champ.
Post up and point out what personality traits make you a good fit for the gig—be sure to mention social media platforms where you have a presence. Video submission is not required but we highly recommend it (it’s more fun that way).
We want to see everything you’ve got. Show off your favorite team’s swag, talk about your player picks, and break down your brackets for us.
If you’re lucky, we’ll have $1,000 and a big bag of swag to deliver to you—all you have to do is watch basketball and share your experience afterward. So, shoot your shot!
The Terms and Conditions of the College Basketball Marathon are as follows:
- The promoter of this College Basketball Marathon is CableTV.com a DBA of Clear Link Technologies, LLC (“CableTV.com”) whose principal office is located at 5202 Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of CableTV.com or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the College Basketball Marathon or helping to set up the College Basketball Marathon shall not be permitted to enter.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only individuals eligible to work in the United States are eligible to participate.
- College Basketball Marathon VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the College Basketball Marathon.
- Route to entry for the College Basketball Marathon and details of how to apply are available via CableTV.com. Individuals may apply by clicking on the application link on CableTV.com’s website. Upon clicking the application link, applicants will be asked to submit their name and contact information to CableTV.com.
- By submitting their name and contact information, entrants agree to receive marketing solicitations from CableTV.com.
- Closing date for applications will be March 11th, 2020 at 7:00 PM EST. After this date, no further applications for the College Basketball Marathon will be permitted.
- No cash alternative to the College Basketball Marathon will be offered. The opportunity to participate in the College Basketball Marathon is not transferable.
- CableTV.com will select Recipient(s) from the eligible pool of applicants based on the quality of application, willingness to participate, enthusiasm for the College Basketball, and online presence via social media platforms, as judged by CableTV.com employees.
- CableTV.com reserves the right to select more than one Recipient from the eligible pool of applicants.
- The Recipient(s) will be notified by email and/or letter within seven (7) days of the closing date. If the Recipient(s) cannot be contacted or do not claim the opportunity to participate within ten 10 days of notification, CableTV.com reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient(s) and pick a replacement.
- Prior to the start of the College Basketball Marathon, CableTV.com will send recipient(s) a welcome package complete with Sling TV with the Cord-Cutters Bundle, three months of prepaid service, an AirTV Mini, an OTA antenna, an AirTV 2, a dry erase board, and a custom CableTV.com shirt (a total value of approximately $320.00).
- Upon completion of the responsibilities and tasks listed in the “Responsibilities” section of the College Basketball Marathon page, CableTV.com will provide Recipient(s) a stipend of $1,000 USD.
- Stipend subject to all applicable state and federal taxes.
- The applicants agree to the use of their name and image, in any CableTV.com publicity material associated with the College Basketball Marathon. The applicants also agree to irrevocably license any copyrightable material created in connection to this College Basketball Marathon to CableTV.com. Any personal data relating to the applicants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation.
- Where legally required, the Recipient(s) name(s) will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient(s) names, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
- CableTV.com’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the College Basketball Marathon will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- CableTV.com accepts no responsibility for applications not received.
- CableTV.com reserves the right to cancel or amend the College Basketball Marathon and these Terms and Conditions without notice. The applicant specifically acknowledges that the College Basketball Marathon and associated stipend shall be provided by CableTV.com, not the National Collegiate Athletic Association or any of their affiliates.,The contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- Entry into the contest will be deemed as an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.