Mediacom Customer Service: 1-855-633-4226
Call to talk to a human about your Mediacom service today.
You can click the button above to reach Mediacom customer service, or dial 1-855-633-4226 on your phone. No worries—the line is open every day, 24 hours a day. Have your account number handy, or at least the phone number associated with your Mediacom account.
Got more questions about Mediacom customer service? We’ve got answers galore below.
Before you call Mediacom
This is the moment you’ve been training for all this time: the actual phone call. It’s always good to prepare. So, before you hit those buttons, be ready with the following:
- Your account number or the phone number linked to your account
- Answers to any security questions you may have placed on your account
- A pen and paper
- Refreshments (in case you’re on hold for a while)
- Something to do while on hold (thumbs to twiddle, wood to whittle, etc.)
Contact Mediacom customer service
Mediacom customer service hours of operation
Good news—Mediacom’s Customer Care line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Uh-oh, your Mediacom internet has stopped working. Who you gonna call? Probably Mediacom.
You can also log in to your Mediacom account or use the MediacomConnect Mobile Care App (for iOS or Android). In both cases, you’ll find information about services outages under, uh, “Outages.”
You can also text “OUTAGE” to 66554.
Mediacom customer service phone number
What’s that? You want Mediacom’s phone number? Don’t be shy. Just flash your winningest smile and dial 1-855-633-4226. See how easy that was?
Mediacom customer service online
Attention self-starters and go-getters: we know you’d much rather go after the help you need instead of waiting for it on hold. Luckily, Mediacom provides the following online support resources for folks like you.
- Online chat: Mediacom’s virtual rep “Molli” can answer simple questions either online or via text when you message 66554 (MOLLI). If your issue is more complicated, she’ll send you to a live representative.
- Answer Center: Searchable, sortable knowledge database with helpful articles
- YouTube playlist: 12 videos covering frequently asked internet technical support questions
- Mediacom Communities: Online forum where Mediacom moderators and users answer questions from other Mediacom users.
- MediacomConnect Mobile Care App: iOS or Android application where users can get help with billing and report outages
- New Customer Welcome Kit: PDF booklet with everything you need to know to get started with Mediacom
Other Mediacom online support
Account and billing FAQ
Other support FAQ
- How to Create and Utilize Your Mediacom ID.
- How to Log In and Manage Wi-Fi Settings.
- How to set up your Outlook or Windows Email.
- How to Add Devices to Your Network.
- How to Program Your Remote.
- How to Install EMTA, Internet, and Wireless Modem.
- How to Troubleshoot Your Internet and Phone Service.
- How to Hook Up HD Cable Box.
- How to Install Total Defense Internet Security.
- How to Troubleshoot Your Internet.
- How to Set Up Your Voicemail.
- How to Install a Digital Adapter.
Mediacom tech support
Mediacom’s Technical Support department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach them one of three ways:
Mediacom customer support for your business
Mediacom business customers have their very own hotlines.
If you run a small to medium business, call 1-844-339-4170.
If your business is larger, call Mediacom’s Fiber Enterprise Solutions at 1-855-612-0039. There’s also online support for you: self-serve support and frequently asked questions.
Mediacom local customer service options
You gotta love internet service providers that maintain physical offices. Some of us just like handing our payments—or our equipment returns—to a real person.
Fortunately, Mediacom has offices in all of the 1,500 communities and 22 states where it does business. Find a Mediacom office in your area.
Pay your Mediacom bill
You’re so good, paying your bills and stuff. Here’s how to give Mediacom your money.
- By mail: Mediacom accepts payment by mail only after you’ve terminated your account.
- EBP/EFT and Online: Visit mediacomcable.com, log in to My Account, and click Pay Bill. You can make one-time payments, or set up AutoPay, via credit/debit card or checking/savings account.
- In-person: Find a Mediacom office in your area.
- Phone: Call 1-855-633-4226.
To cancel your Mediacom AutoPay or electronic (EBP/EFT) payment
You may cancel an AutoPay or electronic payment to Mediacom online or via phone (see buttons below).
- Bank account payments: You’ll need to notify Mediacom four days before your payment due date.
- Credit card payments: Mediacom needs to be notified one day before payment is due.
Sign up for Mediacom service
If you’d like to sign up over the phone, just call Mediacom at 1-800-479-2082 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Consider, though, that many providers offer deals that require online sign-up. As of this writing, Mediacom offers free installation for new customers when they order online. You can do this 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Cancel your Mediacom service
To cancel your Mediacom service, call the Mediacom customer retention department at 1-877-481-2225 Monday–Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m (ET).
Pros and cons of Mediacom customer service
In CableTV.com’s 2020 customer satisfaction survey, Mediacom finished in 9th place overall among the top 10 internet providers in the country.
That’s actually not a bad finish since Mediacom’s score (3.65 out of 5) is only 0.53 points away from first place. This number would indicate that Mediacom’s customers are fairly happy with the provider.
- 24/7 customer and technical support
- Tons of online resources
- Many local offices
- MobileCare app
Fewer bill payment options
Overall, we think you’ll like Mediacom, with its 24-hour customer and technical support, number of local offices, online help resources (including the virtual rep, Molli), MobileCare app, and the simple—if scanty—bill payment options.
Mediacom customer service FAQ
How does Mediacom phone service work?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, Mediacom currently offers only internet service. If it decides to make home phone service available again, we’ll update this answer.
How much does Mediacom cost per month?
Mediacom has five different cable internet plans priced $19.99–$79.99 a month.
Is Mediacom a good internet provider?
Mediacom is a good internet provider. It has affordable cable internet plans priced $39.99–$79.99 per month (for the first year) with speeds ranging from 60 Mbps to 1,000 Mbps. It also provides 24/7 customer and technical support, a ton of online support resources, and local offices in 1,500 communities across 22 states.*
* Data as of 04/16/2020.