We’ll pay you to go offsides and support your least favorite football team.
CableTV.com will pay you $2,000 to take on the shameful challenge of spending the rest of the football season flying your rival’s colors and bragging about it online. It’s one thing to be a superfan of your home team, but can you keep that same energy up when it’s your sworn enemy?
Not everyone’s cut out to cheer on their nemesis, risk ruining relationships, and post about it on social media, but we’re betting that someone out there can endure the pain of betrayal for some extra cash.
Who we’re looking for
The perfect applicant is a die-hard football fan with a stadium-sized personality—we’re not looking for golf clappers and Super Bowl snackers. Basically, we want an Aaron Rodgers–worshipping Cheesehead to turn into one of the boys rooting for Da Bears.
The application closes October 4, 2019, and we’ll pick the winner of our challenge by October 11, 2019. One lucky NFL fan will get paid to watch the rest of the season decked out in their most-hated team’s jersey (along with other fun, totally-not-embarrassing swag). They’ll be going against friends, family, and fandom. Can you handle the insults and disrespect while you rep your rivals?
The winner will post updates on their Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and other social media accounts, so we’d like to see some proven history of you on the internet-forum front lines.
All we require is that you’re at least 18 years old, you’re a US citizen, and you have access to TV and internet service. No drug testing or background check required. All work is remote. Seems easy enough, right?
What you’ll get
|$2,000 from CableTV.com||Rival swag||Bragging rights|
|Think about all the things you could buy:||We’ll provide the goods to go full turncoat and switch to rival colors for the season. |
After the season’s over, what you do with the swag is up to you.
You can donate the items, burn them in effigy, or use the gear to polish your trophies.
|Win or lose—you win! If your home team beats your rivals, you’ll have to celebrate under the wrong colors. But if your rival team wins, you’re already all geared up for glory.|
Plus, not everyone gets paid to watch NFL games, so you’ll get to add that to your legendary history.
How to enter
To apply and switch sides, please fill out the form below with up to 200 words on why you’re a great fit for this role.
Sending a video is optional, but strongly encouraged. We want to see you in your natural fandom state before our experiment.
Show us your mountains of memorabilia, drop some football knowledge on us, and tell us your history of hatred for the other team. Let us know what’s at stake if you show up to game night at the local Buffalo Wild Wings in the wrong colors.
Point out any pieces of your personality that specifically align with this job role, and be sure to mention any social media platforms where you have a particularly active presence.
Who knows? Maybe you’ll end up loving your new team just as much as your old one.
The Terms and Conditions of the Dream Job are as follows:
- The promoter of this Dream Job is CableTV.com whose principal office is located at 5202 Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of CableTV.com or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Dream Job or helping to set up the Dream Job shall not be permitted to apply.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Dream Job.
- Route to entry for the Dream Job and details of how to apply are available via CableTV.com. Individuals may apply by clicking on the application link on CableTV.com‘s website. Upon clicking the application link, applicants will be asked to submit their name and contact information to CableTV.com.
- By submitting their name and contact information, entrants agree to receive marketing solicitations from CableTV.com.
- Closing date for applications will be October 4th, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST. After this date no further applications for the Dream Job will be permitted.
- No cash alternative to the Dream Job will be offered. The Dream Job is not transferable.
- CableTV.com will select Recipient(s) from the eligible pool of applicants.
- CableTV.com will select a winning candidate based on quality of application, willingness to participate, enthusiasm for football, and online presence via social media platforms.
- CableTV.com reserves the right to select more than one Recipient from the eligible pool of applicants.
- The Recipient(s) will be notified by email and/or letter within seven days of the closing date. If the Recipient(s) cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 10 days of notification, CableTV.com reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient(s) and pick a replacement.
- Upon completion of the responsibilities and tasks listed in the “Who we’re looking for” section of the Dream Job Challenge page CableTV.com will provide Recipient(s) a stipend of $2,000 USD, a customized jersey worth up to $149 USD, a gift card of $100 USD for food and drinks, a foam finger worth up to $10 USD, and up to $15 USD of temporary tattoos or face paint, for a total package price valued at up to $2,274 USD. CableTV.com shall pay the Recipient(s) $500 USD of the stipend upfront and the remaining $1,500 upon completion of the requirements of the Dream Job. CableTV.com will provide Recipient(s) with the customized jersey, gift card, foam finger, and tattoos/face paint upfront.
- Recipients must complete the requirements of the Dream Job in order to receive the full $2,000 USD.
- Stipend subject to all applicable state and federal taxes.
- The Recipient(s) agrees to the use of his/her/their name and image in any publicity material associated with the Dream Job. Any personal data relating to the Recipient(s) or any other applicants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without prior consent.
- The Dream Job recipients’ names will be available 28 days after closing date where legally required. To request the recipients’ names send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
- CableTV.com’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- CableTV.com accepts no responsibility for applications not received.
- CableTV.com reserves the right to cancel or amend the Dream Job and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside CableTV.com’s control.
- The applicant specifically acknowledges that the Dream Job and associated stipend shall be provided by CableTV.com, not the NFL Network, and that CableTV.com is in no way affiliated with the NFL or any of its affiliated entities.
- The contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- Entry into the contest will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Trevor's written professionally for five years for editorial publications and retail/e-commerce sites. He lives in Salt Lake City and enjoys photography and making music in his spare time, or you can catch him on your local dance floor bustin' a move. Trevor has been featured on Reviews.org, StaySafeOnline.org, and SafeSearchKids.com.